Due to Covid 19, the Leg Club is currently not operating.
Should you have any concerns regarding your lower limb, please contact your surgery for advice.
We plan to reopen as soon as it is safe to do so.
Not sure it's for you? Pop in any Wednesday morning and see what we are all about - you will be made to feel welcome and can see how we operate. Then you can decide if it is what you are looking for.
We are affiliated to the Ellie Lindsay Leg Club Foundation.
You can see more at https://www.legclub.org
Fore a video on Public Venous Awareness please CLICK HERE.
Other Leg Clubs operate all over the country and are a proven model for treating leg problems, particularly leg ulcers.
It is run in the Community, for the Community, by the Community.
We look forward to seeing you.
Fancy Doing Some Volunteering?
Do you have a couple of Wednesday mornings free to help at Leg Club?
- Be a volunteer driver
- Help with refreshments
- Spend time talking to our members (patients)
- Train to be a receptionist
- If you have any nursing experience you could become a Nurse Supporter
ALL positions are vital for the successful running of the Leg Club.
If you want to find out more call in to Leg Club any Wednesday between 9am and 11.30am and we’ll show you around!
Who Is Involved in The Leg Club?
The Leg Club Clinical Staff:
- Amy Duckworth, Lead Nurse for Leg Club
- Practice Nurses from Tyntesfield Medical Group
- District Nurses from Sirona Care & Health
- Ex or retired nurses who provide support to the nursing team
The Leg Club Managing Committee:
- Chair - Carole Brooke
- Secretary/Nurse Supporter - Christine Lee
- Treasurer - Glynis Woods
- Volunteer Co-ordinators - Sandy Riley and Glynis Woods
- PR/Advertising Judith Brown
- Advisory/Rotary - Ken Rock
- Committee Gill McConachie
- Committee Sue Laver
- Committee Val Smith
- Committee/Volunteer Driver - Sue Kerr
- TMG Representative - Gemma Harding
- Tyntesfield Medical Group - All associated GP Practices
- Sirona care & Health
- The Nailsea and Backwell Rotary Club
- Nailsea Town Council & No. 65 High Street
- The Tithe Barn Trust
- Backwell Social Club
- Nailsea Community Fund
- James Tudor Trust
- Quartet of Bristol
- Tesco, Nailsea
- Waitrose, Nailsea
- Backwell Art Club
- Touts (was Budgens), Wraxall